Translate

If you're looking for a post about Cait Riley, click here
>

Friday 29 August 2008

Towersey is better than Christmas

That's what I told people when I got back from Towersey Village Festival. I've been going for about 19 years now and I always have a great time. There are always old friends and new friends too. The dancing is fantastic. The highlight this year was Blowzabella - especially their waltz tunes. I found a superb partner and we just glided

Stephen Taberner was there. This eccentric and gentle man leads the awesome Spooky Men’s Chorale. He remembered me from Sidmouth 2007 where he and I climbed a hill to see the sun rise with a couple of girls.

Sometimes, technology is magic. Really magic. There, in an Oxfordshire field, I got the first text from Ruth in Kazakhstan. I know, it's nothing really but 20 years ago, Kazakhstan was a remote and almost unknown part of the Soviet Union. A carrier pigeon from the Moon would have seemed more plausible.

Links
Towersey Festival
Blowzabella
Spooky Men's Chorale

No comments: